Scoil Naomh Eoin is a Catholic Primary School providing for the education of all children from the Navan area. “To Be the Best that you can be” has been the guiding principle of Scoil Naomh Eoin since it opened in 2003.
We aim to create:
- A school where all the children, staff and parents are valued and respected.
- A welcoming, happy, caring secure and challenging environment in which every person is able to develop to his or her full potential.
- A place where children are taught how to think rather than what to think.
- An environment where children can answer questions and question answers freely.
- A school that celebrates and cherishes diversity.
Our purpose is to guide and support each child in all aspects of his/her education and development. This includes promoting not only academic success but also self-esteem, confidence and personal responsibility.
We are part of developing community and we aim to make the school a central and focal place for parents, children, local clubs and community-based projects.
We aim to create a centre of educational excellence where children can reach their full potential, with the aid of teachers who are encouraged to undertake continuous professional development. We aim to have high academic standards, high expectation, whilst fostering the emotional intelligences of children. Our school community will strive to create the conditions where the best quality, up to date teachers deliver a child centred curriculum in a warm friendly environment.
We aim to foster and develop in each child through living and co-operating with others, the following traits: love, trust, honesty, truth and self-discipline.
We will strengthen, nurture and develop a strong Catholic moral ethos. We aim to make the child aware of God’s presence in our lives.